I Was Blown Away! and InspiredDec 31, 2021
Last week I sent out a pose about mindful eating. I was blown away by one of the responses I received. In September, this courageous young woman was mindfully eating only once per day in preparation for a hunger strike against gun violence.
Shai appeared on news 12 two weeks ago to tell the world about her hunger strike. Hastings-on-Hudson woman to go on hunger strike against gun violence.
- “If you are a healthy adult, join me in the hunger strike, I'd welcome the company.”
- “If a hunger strike isn't for you, join gun sense groups (Moms Demand Action & Everytown for Gun Safety are two I'm working with now).”
- “Donate to these groups (Moms Demand Action & Everytown for Gun Safety) if you don't have time to join.”
- “Calling representatives and telling them your stance on issues.”
- “Voting, of course, especially in swing states and local elections.”
- “And donating to the campaigns of those running against politicians who haven't served the people. I gave to Jaime Harris, who is running against Lindsey Graham and Amy McGrath, who is running against Mitch McConnoll.”
- “You can also follow my journey on Twitter at https://twitter.com/RUHungry4Change”
I hope you are as inspired as I am to follow her lead. I'm donating, communicating with my representatives, and seriously considering joining her on the hunger strike.